Greetings from the Department of MAHRM !!
The PG Department of Human Resource Management, founded with conscientiousness, innovation and excellence as our core values, offers a unique academic programme for producing competitive managerial talent, which has gained ample corporate recognition over the years. In keeping with the vision of MSSW, the department strives to mould strategically equipped and socially sensitive business leaders. Producing top calibre HR Executives who meet the demands of the times has been the mission of the department. In the last 15 years, the department has grown from strength to strength producing highly placed professionals who uphold our name and bring us laurels.
As we march forward, we hope the next decade would take the department to higher planes of success and new dimensions of learning. May dedication, passion and perseverance underlie every endeavour we undertake toward professional excellence!
My sincere wishes and appreciation to all the faculty members and students of the department! All the very best!
My sincere wishes and appreciation to all the faculty and students of the department! All the very best!
Dr. P. Mohana,
Head of the Department,
P.G. Dept. of Human Resource Management.
P.G. Dept. of Human Resource Management.
M.A. Human Resource Management (SF)
The PG Department of HRM at the Madras School of Social Work has a history of producing excellence in the form of multifaceted individuals who have been able to create a niche for themselves in various Business sectors. The course offers a distinctly collaborative educational experience with a stress on Industry-linkages. The curriculum is dynamic with continuous updation to incorporate latest industry trends. Over the past 13 years, the Department has maintained a legacy of innovative growth and excellence. The pursuit of excellence with values has been the driving force. With a goal to stay relevant, the department works to help students get a view of trending management themes such as Business & HR analytics, design thinking, business opportunities and challenges in the VUCA world, impact of disruptive innovation and the growing digital economy.
- Creating Human Resource Professionals possessing in-depth knowledge and hands-on exposure of the various functional areas of Human Resource Management.
- Grooming students to be versatile and emotionally balanced, adept at multi-tasking and equipped with competent skill sets and professionalism, to take on varied challenges of the business environment and the Human Resource practice.
Employability, innovation and theory-to-practice inter-connectedness are the three pillars on which the curriculum of MA HRM rests. The department constantly reinvents its curriculum, in an effort to enhance the quality of the course and to meet international standards of management education.
The thrust areas of the curriculum are as follows:
- Providing an in-depth knowledge of the theories and evolution of management and the functional areas of Human Resource Management
- Helping students understand the International and Indian business environments and their impact on Human Resource Management
- Ensuring that students gain hands-on exposure to the practice of Human Resource Management in industries
- Enhancing analytical thinking, communication, innovation and interpersonal sensitivity
Keeping in line with these thrust areas, a variety of teaching methodologies have been employed:
- Knowledge sharing sessions by Industry and Subject matter experts
- Industry Institute Interface (III) in an effort to provide hands-on industry and corporate exposure and thereby understand the field level realities
- Participate learning through simulated scenarios, case studies of predictive and real-time experiences, dipstick studies
- Soft skills and personality development programmes
- Live projects to enhance understanding of the functional areas of Human Resource Management
- Certificate programs are conducted to upgrade the student’s skills and competence
- Alumni Interactions are conducted regularly for networking and knowledge sharing
- Students are encouraged to enroll with Professional bodies as NIPM, NHRD, ISTD and MMA
HR Symphony is the student forum of the dept. The forum conducts symposiums where discussions on the latest trends and issues related to HR and business in general take place. The main aim of the forum is to create a platform for Industry- Institute Interface and facilitate networking among students and corporate members. Eminent people from the corporate world are invited to share ideas and experiences with the students and budding HR professionals. Every year HR Symphony works under a current topic pertaining to the business world.
– Taking the HR world by storm:
HURECANE (HUman REsource CAmpus NEws) is the annual newsletter of the department. It features interviews with eminent HR professionals from leading corporate houses, department news, articles by alumni and students and the latest trends in Human Resource Management. It was launched in the year 2005, and has enabled a healthy student-corporate relationship.
STUDENT SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (SSR)
Students are encouraged to actively participate in extension activities so as to get sensitized to social issues.
Reports – Till 2021
Webinar – 1