Environmental Education, Awareness and Training plays a significant role in encouraging and enhancing people’s participation in activities aimed at conservation, protection and management of the environment, essential for achieving sustainable development. Eco club of Madras School of Social Work aims to promote ecological sensitivity and sustainable living practices. It plays an important role in creating environmental awareness among the future generation.
Objectives of the club :
- Motivate the students to keep the campus green and clean by undertaking plantation of trees.
- Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
- Motivate students to imbibe habits and life style for minimum waste generation, source separation of waste and disposing the waste to the nearest storage point.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags, not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, cause water logging and provide breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Educate students to create awareness amongst public and sanitary workers, so as to stop the indiscriminate dumping and burning of waste which causes respiratory diseases.
Eco Club Committee comprises of :
- Faculty Coordinator
- General Secretary
The eco club of Madras School of Social Work aims to prepare and organize students’ participation for preservation and conservation of environment.We will have many club initiatives in place to ensure we take a collective effort towards ecological responsibility.