Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS), University of Madras, Chennai. Thesis Title: Structural Changes in a Household Industry in Tamil Nadu: A Case of Silk Weaving in the Arni Region (Women’s Studies –Economics Interdisciplinary Research)
UGC NET/Eligibility for Lectureship in Women’s Studies
University Grants Commission
Masters in Women’s Studies, Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirappalli.
Madras School of Social Work (MSSW), Chennai
Department of Women’s Studies, University of Madras. Chennai
PRIA II project (Production Relations in Indian Agriculture), Lund University, Sweden and Saci WATERS, India
Women’s Studies at the institutions of higher education in Tamilnadu project, Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai
Seminars, Conferences & Workshops
- Presented a Paper on “The Making of global Cities - Outcaste the Slums, Equality and Gender Concern” at an International Conference on Women in Various Fields in 21st Century: Gender Gaps in Global Achievements and Opportunities- Strategies and Challenges”, Jointly organised by Bharathidasan University, Department of Women’s Studies and Tamil University, 9-10th March 2020
- Coordinated a Sub-Theme on Women, Education and Employment at the 16th National Conference on Women’s Studies, Organised by Indian Association for Women’s Studies (IAWS), held at National Law University, Delhi. 26-31st January 2020
- Coordinated a Stake holders consultation on “Safe Cyber Space and Sustainable Development For Women”- organised by Sweden Alumni Network India, Tamilnadu Chapter(SANI-TN) in collaboration with MSSW on 6th December 2019 (Funded by Swedish Institute, Sweden)
- Paper presented on a book “Being and Doing Gender: Multidisciplinary Perspective” at National Conference on Feminist research Approaches to Gender Studies” Organised by Department of Women’s Studies, University of Madras, Chennai. 9-10th December, 2019
- Paper presented on Mrs. Mona Hensman, to commemorate the distinguished women of Madras at the Madras Week Celebration, Organised by University of Madras jointly with Women’s Voluntary Service of Tamilnadu, 21st August 2019
- Participated in Stakeholders Consultation for Sustainable Solution on “Towards Ensuring Water Security in Chennai City, Tamilnadu, Organised by Sweden Alumini Network India – Tamilnadu Chapter (SANI-TN) in collaboration with M.S.Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF), 23rd August, 2019
- Paper Presented in the 60th Labour Economics Conference on ‘Majority as Workforce but Allied Workers –A case of Women in Handloom Weaving’ at IGIDR, Mumbai 19-21 December 2018
- Paper Presented in the National Conference on Being and Doing Gender: Multidisciplinary Perspectives on ‘Gender and Development – A case of intersections’ at University of Madras, Chennai 6-7 December 2018
- Paper Presented in the Seminar on Developing New Curriculam-2017 on ‘Gender and Curriculum’ organised by State Council of Educational Research and Training, Tamil Nadu. 28 July 2017
- Paper Presented in the Seminar on Fostering Change: Public Policies Impacting State, Market and Society on ‘Handloom Silk Weaving – Dynamics Of policy Interactions and Supply side Responses’ at TISS Hyderabad Campus, 16-18 March 2017
- Participated in the Roundtable Discussion on ‘Empowerment: A New Frame Work’, Organisedby U.S. Consulate General, Chennai. 8 September 2017
- Contributed as a Member of Organizing Committee of the 15th National Conference on Women’s Studies, organised by Indian Association of Women’s Studies (IAWS) at the University of Madras, 22-25 January 2017
- Participated in Southern Regional Workshop on ‘Documenting Contribution of Women’s Movement, Women’s Organisations and Women’ Jointly organised by Indian Association of Women’s Studies (IAWS) and Center for Women’s Studies, University of Madras 18-19 February 2016
- Participated in the International conference on ‘Archiving Accelerating India’s Manufacturing Growth: Promises and Challenges’ Organised by Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS) in collaboration with British Northern Universities India Forum, UK. 2-3 January 2015
- Arivukkarasi, N.A (2015). ‘The making and unmaking of handloom silk weaving in the Arni region’ in Harriss-White, Barbara (ed), Middle India and Its Dynamism: Four Decades of Rural-Urban Development in Tamilnadu, Springer: New Delhi.
- Arivukkarasi, N.A (2015).‘Gender Intersectionality - A study on Handloom Silk Weaving in the Arni Region, Tamil Nadu’ in Journal of Intercultural Philosophy, No (28) October 2015
- Arivukkarasi, N.A (2016). ‘Survival Challenges of Silk Weaving Industry in India’ in International Journal of Current Multidisciplinary Studies, Vol 2(7) July 2016.