MARY CLUBWALA AWARD FOR HUMANITARIAN SERVICE - 2017
The Award is known as Mary Clubwala Jadhav Award for Humanitarian Service (MCJ Award). It comprises of a Cash Award of Rs 1,00,000/-, a Citation and a Certificate.
To encourage humanitarian service by recognizing outstanding contributions to social service by individuals or organizations. This year, the award is for humanitarian service rendered in the field of Women and Child Welfare.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY
1. He/She must be a citizen of India.
2. He/She should be above 35 years of age as on 1st January of the current year at the time of nomination.
3. He/She should have done extra-ordinary identifiable social service in the field of Women and Child Welfare.
4. The award will be conferred once in a lifetime.
1. Be registered under the Registration of Societies Act, 1860 or under corresponding State Act or any other appropriate Act for the last TEN years and have proper constitution or Articles of Association;
2. Have a properly constituted managing body with its powers and duties clearly defined in its constitution;
3. Should be a non-profit organization;
4. Should not have discriminated against any person or group of persons on the ground of sex, religion, caste or creed;
5. Have rendered extra-ordinary service in the field of Women and Child Welfare for the last ten years;
6. Have a good reputation among the local community/area; and
7. Should not have been conferred with this award earlier.
SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
Any person can nominate an Individual or an Organization for the award. Selfnominations are also welcome. The application form for MCJ Award is available on www.mssw.in. Nomination along with supporting documents must be sent on or before 30th November 2017 in the prescribed format as a hard copy to THE PRINCIPAL, MADRAS SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK, 32, CASA MAJOR ROAD, EGMORE, CHENNAI – 600008.
SELECTION OF AWARDEES
Selection Committee: A three member Committee headed by President - SSER will scrutinize all the nominations and make the final selection of the MCJ Award. The Selection Committee will be vested with powers to select suo-moto any candidate for being considered for the award.
PRESENTATION OF THE AWARD
Presentation of the award shall be made at a special ceremony on 16th December 2017 (Saturday) during the annual MCJ Memorial Lecture. The awardees shall be invited to receive the award in person. The awardees would not be given any TA / DA for participating in the award function.
Any correspondence with participants will be done through an email provided by the participant at time of filling the application form. For any queries, please send mail to the Dean, Dr. R Subashini at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9884045585.
Please enter your user name and password to login